Tales From The Main

Snapshots of small town life - zany characters and our neverending poker game.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

A quiet Friday Night

I had to beg and cajole a bit to be let out on Friday - I may have even promised a big win with the prospect of a whale or two showing up at the old watering hole but alas, it wasn't to be. Apart from Old Moose, Sarge, Doc, Angus Young and Soundman Stu we didn't have much of a game. By the end of the night we were lucky to have five hundred in the bank and Doc was both the donator and recipient of the bulk of it. A couple of players dropped in to donate and run and Soundman Stu and Angus did make their usual deposits but all in all it was an unusually laid back evening.

I am starting to realize the major leak in my play. I seem to have little trouble accumulating a significant stack but a big issue with holding onto it. Whenever I have a big pile of blacks in front of me I just can't seem to resist the temptation to get drawn into pots when the little voice in the back of my head is screaming that I am beat. Three times last night I threw away over sixty dollars on top pair when it was obvious that I was beat - and once I was just blind to a straight that totally decimated my top two pair for two and a quarter. Still I did walk out a winner - total invested was only eighty and after my bar tab and a healthy tip I went home with a hunnert and forty one.

So...

Played from 9:30pm to 1:00am - 3.5hours
Net of expenses - $61
Hourly rate - $17.43

Hours Played 68.5
Year to date net of expenses + $2166
Hourly rate - $31.62

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home